If you are using a paraffin wax bath at home for personal use, you may choose to reuse the wax left in the bath, adding enough refill wax to fall within the recommended levels as marked on the inner tank. Replace all paraffin wax when the used wax becomes cloudy or discolored or when sediment begins to collect on the bottom of the tank.
If other people will be using the paraffin bath after you, however, you will want to clean out the bath after each use for hygienic reasons. The following instructions will show you how to remove the paraffin wax and clean the interior unit.
- Turn off the power, unplug the unit, and remove the grille. Wait until the paraffin wax hardens. We recommend letting the wax harden overnight.
- When the paraffin is solid, plug in the unit, adjust the temperature knob, and wait until the paraffin melts enough on the bottom and sides to loosen from the tank. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn off the power and unplug the unit.
- Push down firmly on one side of the paraffin wax to lift up the other side and remove the entire block of wax.
- Dispose of the used paraffin wax.
- Use soft paper towels to remove any remaining paraffin wax from the inner tank.
- Clean the inside and outside of the unit with an all-purpose cleaner. Dry thoroughly with a soft towel.
- Clean the wax warmer regularly to prevent discolored paraffin and sediment buildup.
Since sediment buildup falls to the bottom of the tank, when the wax hardens, only the bottom portion will be dirty. If you separate the clean and dirty wax, you can reuse the clean wax. Here is how to remove sediment and reuse the clean portion of the paraffin block:
- Let the wax harden overnight.
- Re-melt the wax until it softens on the bottom and edges.
- Remove the block of wax from the tank and shave off the bottom quarter-inch.
- Discard the shaved-off portion of wax.
- Replace the block of clean wax in the bath after cleaning out the inner tank.
The next time that you use the paraffin bath, melt the leftover wax; then add refill wax until the level of the wax is within the recommended parameters.